I know it’s not even Thanksgiving yet. But I’m ready to provide book recommendations for holiday shopping.
When ML, was in preschool, the school adopted a family each year. One year there were 4 children in the family ages seven and below. The Scholastic Warehouse is near our home so I’d already stocked up on books for birthday parties throughout the year. ML and I went through the box and picked out fifteen books for the family.
Our local bookstore, Quail Ridge Books, has an angel tree with first names and ages of children. Last year, ML chose a name and picked out a book for us to purchase. We’ll do it again this year.
I am taking requests for book recommendations. So if you have a…
- Seven-year-old boy who likes legos but doesn’t like to read
- Eleven-year-old girl who is a proficient reader but not emotionally ready for young adult fiction
- Two-year-old who already has all the classic board books
- Preschooler who loves bunnies
- First grade boy just beginning to read
- Middle school boy who has read all the Percy Jackson’s and wants more books like them
…I may have the answers for you. Send me the details on your hard to buy for people and I’ll post some ideas.